Recipe: Geoff’s Scroggin
Summary: Ahh yes, that famous energy giver on just about every outdoor excursion. A good serve of scroggin can almost make or break the journey. Ok, I may be overdoing it a little, however, this combination proved to be a winner. Scroggin is a very personal thing, I think. So this is purely a guide, I wouldlove to hear of any other popular variations. Quantities, need to be carefuly measured in handfuls to taste. Generally though, more nuts and sultanas. The more you make, the more variety you can achieve.
- nuts (peanuts are cheapest, cashews are nicest)
- sultanas (any sort will do)
- jelly beans or snakes/rasberries/etc.
- bananas (of the lollie variety, some people prefer banana chips)
- m&m’s plain (melt in your mouth, not in your hands!)
- choc mix (this included a variety of milk bar type choc goodies)
- dried apricots
- Mix together in a big bowl.
- Split into separate snap lock bags for each person, that way there are no arguments as to who has eaten more!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4