Recipe Type: Breakfast
This is the original recipe of Nana, Lorna Thomas.
- 3 Cups Oatmeal – flaked and uncooked
- 1 cup Wheatgerm
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 1/2 cup Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Safflower oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup raisins (add after cooking)
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Mix oil, honey, vanilla
- Pour over and spread in tin 16″x10″x1″.
- Toast, stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
- Bon Appetite.